February 5, 2013
Brew Brothers of Pikes Peak Member Meeting Agenda
Feb 5th, 2013 – 6:00 PM – Pikes Peak Brewing Co ( back barrel room) – 1756 lake woodmoor dr, monument, co 80132
President’s Report – Ned “Flanders” Brush
- Call to order & thank sponsor
- Welcome new members
- “Focused Feedback” – Get your homebrew anonymously judged by BJCP members
- Brew Buddy Sign-up Form
- Donate-a-book program
- Membership cards are in. If you’ve paid, pick yours up from me during the social hour.
- Fill out membership forms
- Introduce Eric Seufert from Castle Rock Homebrew Shop
Peterson Report – John “Safe” Haven
Treasurer’s Report – John “Landy” Landreman
- Support the raffle
Pints Program Report – John “Landy Landreman
- Review rewardable activities
Competition Report – Ned “Flanders” Brush
- Results : Vail Big Beers, Belgians & Barleywines
- Rock Bottom.
- Club Only Competition (Category 19B,C Light Hybrids (English Barleywine, American Barleywine).
- ***Extract brewers get your game on! The next club-only competition will be in May and the category is Extract ONLY. This competition covers BJCP categories 1-23 where 50% or more of the fermentable sugars must come from the use of malt extract.*** Entries will be due at the April meeting.
- Odell Brew Day Recap
Event Report – Michele “Hardly” Gandy
- Planning a fun March meeting, mid-day Saturday March 9th, potluck with a chili theme
- Happy hour : Location?
Education Report (aka “Homebrew Huddle”) – Dr. Ken Andrews
- Brewing techniques using “Brew In A Bag” methods