June 7, 2012
Brew Bros of Pikes Peak (BBoPP) General Membership Meeting Minutes
1 May 2012
Approximately fifty members attended the May meeting held at Joe & Cat’s house. ShoeBrew called the meeting to order at 1900 by thanking the hosts for their hospitality. Plenty of food and drink were available.
Treasurer’s report (JohnnyBrew): $1325 as of 1 April; $1083 as of 1 May 2012. Expenditures $121 pizzas for Apr meeting, $127 beers at the bowling event, $70 refreshments for the Apr & May officers meeting, $38 for bowling shirt prototype, $25 firkin supply. Income: $139 from raffle, shirts, glasses and membership.
1. Per our bylaws, the membership voted Cryptid in as the new comp coordinator to replace Buck.
2. Membership approved to change the bylaws to include two members-at-large and affirmed Axe and John Haven. These new positions are to retain corporate knowledge and to develop new talent for the board.
3. Membership approved spending $200 for bowling shirts previously approved with no dollar value at the March meeting. Bowling team members to receive shirts: Griz, Joe, Axe, Dino and Landy. Alternates Chris Macaluso and Cris Mock.
4. Salida Campout. Shoe will organize a ‘people’s choice’ comp on Friday, 13 July, at the campout. Lefty will make a suitable travelling trophy. Bring enough beer for at least thirty people if you plan to enter. Theme is tie die, with mutton chops and kilts. The membership approved a $20 fee for campers which will cover food (breakfast & sammiches), three port-a-potties and the Bloody Bar. Members of the RockHoppers club are invited.
5. County Fair Comp July 28. Limited Summer style (Light Lager, American Ale, Wheat, BE & French, Fruit) comp will be held at the El Paso County Fair in Calhan. Need judges and stewards. Upcoming Comps: AHA Porter event in Aug, brew in June (Help Cryptid). Buck and Ned submitted Irish beers for judging for the AHA contest. Both beers were very good but Buck edged out Ned to win.
6. Big Brew Plans: To be held at Pikes Peak and Rocky Mt breweries this Saturday 5 May. Need a POC for RMB.
7. ‘Pints’ Update: Johnny in the lead with 6, several nipping at his heels.
8. IT Update. Forums are up and working including one for classifieds. Bulk Buys: Shane Verheyen is the POC for group buys to be run through a forum on our website.
9. Social Update. The MeadowGrass festival will be held at LeForet on Memorial Day weekend. While not an official BBoPP event, Hardly (Michele) would like to know who’s going to organize planning food. Please contact her if you’re going.
10. He Said Beer/She Said Wine Dinner at Dat’s Italian May 8 at 6:30 PM. Based on the book, Dat’s Italian in Old Colorado City will be putting on a five course dinner with a beer and wine pairing for each course. Contact JoAnn at 632-3287 for reservations. See attached flyer. This event will sell out.
11. Firkin Queue. June – Cryptid, July (for Salida) – Amanda, Aug – Ator, Sep — Crack
New members introduced: Paul Cutter, Chris, Devon Glenn, Ken, Matt & Son.
New member Paul Cutter described his business: 56 Ring Tobacco & Homebrew, 1733 South Academy Blvd, C/S, CO. 80916, 719-375-3058, Cell 719-238-1074. Open for retail: Mon: 10-6, Tue: Closed, Wed: 10-6, Thu: 10-6, Fri: 10-6, Sat: 10-3, Sun: 11-3
Liquor store: South Liquor Mart, 1701 South Academy Blvd, C/S, Co. 80916, 719-591-7712
He is working out the details to open his homebrew shop to our membership, but for the moment he offers 5% off any normally priced purchase at either the liquor store or the homebrew shop. You need to show your Brew Brothers card and he will inform his staff to uphold the 5%. He is working with us to offer every Brew Brothers member, a lifetime membership (running concurrently with Brew Bros membership), to the homebrew shop. This means that after he closes the front door for retail, he will open the back door for membership. Those hours are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 6-10, Saturday 3-10, Sunday 3-7. He is looking forward to a long and pleasant relationship with the members individually, and with our business interests as well.
5 May Big Brew at Pikes Peak and Rocky Mt Breweries
8 May He Said Beer/She Said Wine Dinner at Dat’s Italian
The meeting adjourned at 2010 socializing began. The next meeting is on Tuesday June 5 at a Cryptid’s Crib. Don’t forget to bring raffle items and label them so we can recognize and reward generous donors.
Peace out, Dino
He said Beer, She said Wine Dinner
Dat’s Italian Restaurant
2514 West Colorado Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
Call ASAP for Reservation 719.632.3287
Tuesday, May 8th – 6:30 PM
A new craze in the world of fine dining is wine vs. beer dinners. With each course you will be able to try a paired wine and a paired beer we feel best compliments the dish.
Rich Mock will pair the courses with beer and Paulina Loveless will pair the courses with wine. Rich has asked for this to happen at DAT’s for quite some time now, we’ve agreed it would be a fun idea and to just do it!.
This dinner creates a great opportunity to stir things up. I really think everyone will enjoy, gourmet food paired with exceptional wine and beer. The courses are of course….flavorful Italian dishes that we hope will make you melt. Make a reservation for this dinner cause we would love to serve you and see you! And you’ll LOVE it!!
Course 1 ~ Ravioli and Spinach Brodo
Course 2 ~ Beet Salad w/Gorganzola & Walnuts
Course 3 ~ Italian Pork & Ricotta Cheese Stuffed Puffed Pastry w/Marinara
Course 4 ~ Shrimp on Rosemary Skewers served w/Parmesan Polenta
Course 5 ~ Annisette Pizelle w/Vanilla Bean Ice Cream & Marmellata di arance