March 5, 2013
UPDATE : POSTPONED!! The board decided not to take the risk of mixing chili, beer & road conditions. We’ll plan to move it to Mar. 16th.
Hey there Brew Brothers and Sisters,
We have a fun meeting coming up this Saturday at 56 Ring! You heard me right, we’re doing a Saturday meeting to change things up a bit. It’s gets better. Git yur cookin’ and grubbin’ on with us for a potluck style Chili Fest!!! Hopefully you can make it. If you can, please read below for more details on the chili fest.
Notice : There has been a time change so that 56 Ring can accommodate us. The new time is 3PM. We decided to postpone until Mar 16th.
Where : 56 Ring
When : New Date, Saturday, March 16th at 3PM
Food : Chili Fest! Potluck style. See below for more info.
RAFFLE ITEMS – bring something awesome and help our club raise money! (commercial bombers, kegs, beer schwag, gift certificates, etc.)
CASH – so you can win raffle items (and auction items this month, more below!)
HOMEBREW – bring lots. We’ll have more time to socialize at this meeting so we need to make sure there’s enough beer to go around.
A SOBER RIDE – if you’re going to enjoy yourself, please arrange responsible travels home. Find carpools and DDs.
Details on the meeting
- We are going to have an awesome talk by Axe Brew on Cream Ales. This guy knows how to brew a killer Cream Ale. He’ll speak about the style and share all of his secrets on brewing a gold-winning cream ale. The projector will be working this time!
- The medal winners of Pete Fest will be announced.
- We’ll be holding an auction for the leftover swag from Pete Fest.
- Pints update
- Competition update
- More to follow…..
Details on the Chili Fest
- Michele, aka “Hardly Brew” is organizing the chili fest.
- Call Michele : 719-330-2144 (or send her an email :email@example.com or a message on meetup) if you are bringing anything
- 3 categories
- Green chili (with pork)
- Red chili (with beef)
- Other (white, chicken, veggie, vegan, etc.)
- Please bring a crock pot full
- If you don’t feel like making chili, volunteer to bring an “extra”
- cheese, sour cream, chopped onions, salsa, chips, side dishes, etc. Anything that goes well with chili.