March 14, 2016
Meeting Minutes February 2016
Location: Peaks & Pines, host: Paul Viera
Next Board Meeting:: February 10, 2016, 1800, Triple S Brewing Company
Next General Meeting: February 15, 2016, 1800, Cogstone Brewery
- Education Segment: Rich will present: Hops Rhizomes: What Works.
1. Peterson Fest
- Need to identify steps necessary to make The Peterson Homebrew Fest be successful.
- After Action Review needed in February after the festival .
- Cogstone Brewery was suggested
- Feedback session with Curtis following the event.
- Pete will lead Peterson AFV Homebrew Contest next year.
- Dave Carpenter will staff a Brew Brother’s Table at the Festival with banner and magazines.
- Nick will meet with Marc Malenfant regarding the Pete Fest Comp
2. El Paso County Fair Homebrew Contest
- Rich Moch will lead the El Paso Homebrew Contest.
- Don Douglas, with Gary’s assistance, will take over Head Steward for El Paso,
3. Problems getting information to Club Members, Judges, Local Businesses:
- MeetUp is not the answer to our communications needs
- We need to use e-mail and phone calls.
4. Grain Buy
- Not enough orders
- Postpone for another month.
- Resolved at Feb, 15 meeting; 40+ orders
- Gary Gagnon and Tom Heath added as At large board members
- Colorado Beer Cup Coalition
- Brian & Safe
- Schedule between El Paso and All Colorado Competitions
- Should we continue using Brew Scene to manage entries in homebrew competitions?
- The brewers have complained that it is difficult to enter their beers in Brew Scene
- Reggie Beer Competition Manager RCBM is an online homebrew competition management software system by Nelson Crowle.
- The Peak to Peak competition is using RCBM, Biere de Rock is using Brew Scene.
- RCBM is easier to handle but there are concerns whether the developer is dependable.
- Nick and John are waiting for an evaluation of RCBM and BS by a local homebrew club to be completed.
- Discussed whether we should have a fund raiser event to raise money to help pay the way for a WWII Pearl Harbor survivor to return to Hawaii for the 70th