Each July, a group of Brew Brothers members and our friends from the Rock Hoppers head to Salida for a weekend of camping, drinking, and festivities surrounding the Brewers Rendezvous beer festival (this year’s campout is July 7-9, 2017). So, of course, we have to start the weekend with our own Homebrewer’s Rendezvous!
The Homebrewer’s Rendezvous is a “people’s choice” competition that’s held Friday evening. And this year, the winning prize is a pro-am with Smiling Toad! The competition is open to Brew Brothers members only (in good standing with dues paid).
If you bring beer:
- If you bring a keg, jockey box taps are first come, first served
- You are responsible for chilling and serving your own beer. There will be some ice available if you run out.
- You should bring enough beer for at least 20 people to sample. Less beer means less votes.
Here’s how the competition works:
First and foremost, this is a friendly competition intended to be joyous all around. Here’s the (tentative) plan:
- Schedule: Sampling and voting will start when the first homebrews are tapped (although you’ll probably want to save some competition beer for the evening, when the most people will be there). Voting wraps up just before sundown, and the results will be announced shortly after that.
- All competition beers will be labeled by brewer, style, beer name, and any special ingredients.
- Friendly competition is encouraged, but no cheating — brewer’s code!