November 7, 2012

BBoPP Board Meeting Minutes 3 Oct 2012

by flanders
Categories: meetings, minutes
Tags: No Tags
Comments: Leave a Comment

Brew Bros of Pikes Peak

Board Meeting

Texas T-Bone Oct 3, 2012


Feedback from Sep meeting (All) — We all like mullet style — business up front, party in the back.


  MeetUp is working well.  Approximately 40 of  90 members are using it. We will force use through the brew bus and bulk buys.  Oct will be the last e-mail for meetings announcements, all future will be on MeetUp.


Meeting location update.  Next Wed’s GM meeting will be at T-Bone.  Flanders & Dino will work out a yearly schedule that is geographically balanced.  Ideas for locations are always welcome. We’d like a minimum of 4 locations to rotate among.


Raffle feedback. We didn’t make as much at the last meeting but attendance was down.  We’ll try the $5 format again with two $25 gift certs for T-Bone next week. Safe and G2 will assist with the sale and tabulation of $5 raffle tickets. We need to do a separate tabulation to determine if this can be a self-supporting effort.


Firkin Queue.  It’s impractical to bring our firkin restaurants and clubs.  Lefty will develop a plan of action for those who brew in the firkin to host a club event.  Flanders will start an e-mail discussion on this.


Beer Bus. Hardly will send details to Flanders.  Johnny needs to buy wristbands and bubblewrap.  Need to solicit a keg coordinator else Brian will do.  $25 minimum on raffle donations.  $5 raffle tix.  Bus tix with names available at next week’s meeting.  Michelle will set-up at the Oct meeting about 5PM. Tickets will go on sale about 5:30. The meeting will start at 6PM and ticket sales will be on hold until after the meeting. Hard copy of bus schedule events will be provided to each member of the bus trip. Expect the trip to have approximately $500 to be used on raffle and charity donation

Need a history letter of the bus trip made by…
Need volunteers for jocky boxes on the bus
Laura and Brian are Michelle’s back-up

 

 PayPal Account.   Brewzer (Francie) will get us a PayPal account.


ACBF.  Nov 3 at the Freedom Financial conference place on North Nevada.  We need twelve judges and stewards.  Safe has judge lead; G2 will work stewards.  Need to solicit at next week’s meeting.


9.  Pints.  All agree this is a good concept to get members involved but requires a little more thought. Landy will pitch at the next meeting.  Flanders will start an e-mail chain on this subject. The key is to have a reward program where pints are redeemed for desirable items such as t-shirts, snifter glass, etc and the initial reward should begin at 2 or 3.  The concept/end result needs to be added to our website

10.  Budget update. Flanders & Dino will develop a draft for planning purposes.

11.  Corporate Status.  Sub-group (Flanders, Landy, Johnny, Sid) will be formed to work this out.

12.  Bulk Buys.  Lefty is working this thru MeetUp.  He has  several bags ordered but needs more to get price breaks.

13.  CO Beer Hall of Fame.  Not discussed.  ACBF is considering.  Dino would like to get BBoPP involved in the nomination and selection process.  (Johnny will be our first nomination.)

13.  Treasurer’s Report.  Sep $1393 + $134 raffles and dues – $50 sec state registration – $45 raffle & name tag supplies – $90 Hatch Cover tip and gift cert.  $1342 balance.

13.  Bowling shirts. Johnny will check into price increase for less than 25 shirts.  There was little support for the club buying an additional 10 shirts.

14.  Christmas Party.  Hardly and BrianBew (needs a better name) will look into using 56 Ring for a beer pairing dinner with Santa Safe.  We’d like to keep rental costs below $200 by bringing our own stuff.

15.  Cryptid’s Comp input: O’Dell brew day Fri 25 Jan limited to 10 BBs.  Cryptid to provide details next week. Axe won the club only competition with his cream ale and it was sent along for national competition.

16.  PeteFest will be Fri 22 Feb with judging 8-9 Feb leaving a week in between.  Firkin Fest is 16 Feb.

17. The board approved continuing to support Geoff and his competition software $20/25 and be hosted on his server vs trying to host on a BB server.

18. Election nominees find or groom your replacement. Safe nominated to replace Dino.

19. John L and BJCP preparation: No need to hold a one month course for the website exam – the BJCP study guide tells you what to study. Preparation for the May 13 tasting examination will start soon, additional support needed; will meet every two weeks. More to follow as the details are finalized. There was a discussion concerning how to establish a continuing education program for the monthly meeting and possibly semi-annual testing for BJCP – all depends upon club member interest.

20. Google online for document sharing: some items are action items list, Group Contacts list; official roster of phone numbers, etc. Need to make this the collaboration process along with meet-up.

21. Klute is the new membership coordinator.

22. There was a consensus that we need to start a monthly “happy hour” and this needs to be published on meet-up so all BBs can see where it is and attend if they desire.

Peace out, Dino


Leave a Reply